“Anything in life worth having is worth working for.” – Andrew Carnegie
The Search Continues…
I am still trying to find something that has it ALL and has it put SIMPLY with easy to understand ACTION STEPS.
PLUS… there has to be some kind of ACCOUNTABILITY that tracks what is done.
OH! And it has to be 100% FREE.
I am asking too much, aren’t I? Yes, I think that is why I can’t find it. Because I am asking TOO MUCH.
So I guess I better work with what I already have and know. OK THEN.
What I have learned…
From all that I have read, I have a rough idea of what needs to be done.
- I have to have a WEBSITE (a dot-com or dot-org what have you).
- I have to have CONTENT (at least 20 entries to start).
- I have to get TRAFFIC to my content (social media, ads, etc).
I think the TRAFFIC piece is where I fall off. I can write blog posts ALL DAY for myself. The thing is that without an ad budget, getting traffic has been slow going to ANY of my outlets.
OK. I need traffic, BUT HOW??
Some “gurus” swear by email marketing and creating funnel surveys to sort leads and all that jazz. They are all about the landing page.
Other people – solopreneurs like myself – swear by Pinterest and having a business profile and pinning all your content. This is a free option I think but it does mean that I have to MAKE PINNABLE IMAGES…BOO.
Pinterest to the rescue?
So… I have to actually USE the free Canva profile that I made when I first started this journey. I have to find some good images for each of my niches (sailing, poetry, writing, business, motivation). Then I have to MAKE THE IMAGES to put in the blogs. Looks like I know what I will be doing with my days off this week!
Stay tuned next week for the images I make! ^_^
Thanks for reading!
Are you at a block in your progress? Why?
Are you just getting past a block? How?
I would love to hear how you are doing on YOUR project(s)!
Let me know in the comments! 🙂
Reading wish list:
- Start Your Own Business, Sixth Edition: The Only Startup Book You’ll Ever Need
- The Entrepreneur Mind: 100 Essential Beliefs, Characteristics, and Habits of Elite Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneur: Anthony Robbins: 7 Life Changing Lessons (Entrepreneur Series) (Volume 1)
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur